japonisme: charade • (halloween suite)

27 October 2009

charade • (halloween suite)



When we played our charade
We were like children posing

Playing at games, acting out names
Guessing the parts we played



Oh what a hit we made
We came on next to closing

Best on the bill, lovers until
Love left the masquerade

Fate seemed to pull the strings
I turned and you were gone

While from the darkened wings
The music box played on




Sad little serenade
Song of my heart's composing

I hear it still, I always will
Best on the bill
Charade

Mercer & Mancini

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Liza Cowan said...

charade-one of my favorite movies!

07 November, 2009 04:48  
Blogger lotusgreen said...

yeah -- me too :^)

07 November, 2009 06:48  

Post a Comment

hi, and thanks so much for stopping by. i spend all too much time thinking my own thoughts about this stuff, so please tell me yours. i thrive on the exchange!

<< Home

newer posts older posts