japonisme: Aedh wishes for the Cloths of Heaven

27 May 2007

Aedh wishes for the Cloths of Heaven


HAD I the heavens’
embroidered cloths,

Enwrought with golden
and silver light,

The blue and the dim
and the dark cloths

Of night and light
and the half light,

I would spread the cloths
under your feet:

But I, being poor,
have only my dreams;








I have spread my dreams
under your feet;

Tread softly because
you tread on my dreams.

W.B. Yeats The Wind Among the Reeds. 1899

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Sabine said...

I like the atmosphere of all these pictures, like a warm summer night. Where do you find all this enchanting things?

31 May, 2007 13:13  
Blogger lotusgreen said...

oh sabine--thank you so much. you know, i just save everything that i see that interests me and then sometimes they click together in my head, the similarities.

and of course when i don't save something, i will forget where i saw it and that's the one i need!

01 June, 2007 20:15  

Post a Comment

hi, and thanks so much for stopping by. i spend all too much time thinking my own thoughts about this stuff, so please tell me yours. i thrive on the exchange!

<< Home

newer posts older posts