japonisme: equinox

21 September 2010

equinox

OH YES

Oh no --
now we're in for it, everything's
slamming shut,
closing shop, the leaves on the cottonwood
are crying
fuck it and letting go in the wind, the cold







is coming, winter storms are massing at sea,
morning ice on the deck and the dog skids off
in a blur of legs, then it rains and rains
and rains,










and the plague is upon us, strange fevers
and aches,
the body spilling out, impossible to ignore,
you're in a machine consuming itself,
and this morning walking out, you look








at the persimmon tree
for the first time in weeks
and notice all the leaves are gone, and there they are --
persimmons -- fiery globes, hosannas and lauds,
and you can't help yourself, admit it, even sick






and miserable,
mired in the dreck of winter,
you reach out your hand,
take hold of the fruit,
oh yes, there's another world, there's a sun











within the sun, yes,
kindness is real,
oh yes, blessings are everywhere.

Joseph Stroud

Labels: , , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Yoli said...

I must remember never to stray far from your blog. So much beauty and wisdom here.

21 September, 2010 14:08  
Anonymous Algesiras said...

Hello, I discovered your blog Japonisme a few months ago, it became instantly one of my favorites. I love all your posts (I didn't explore all the archives yet), I love the way you choose and illustrate a theme, using wonderful and pertinent pictures. I can't count all the great artists you made me discover.
This page is beautiful. I love you.
Sometimes I don't understand all the texts/references or poems because English is not my native language, but I'm trying. ^^
I can never thank you enough, please continue!

Algesiras, from France

21 September, 2010 14:42  
Blogger lotusgreen said...

i guess i'm the channel

21 September, 2010 14:46  
Blogger lotusgreen said...

that last response was to sweet yoli.

and to algesiras: you really picked the right day to say something so sweet. i was having a day with dissapointment.

let me just say, if you ever want an explination of anything please feel free to ask, either in comments or in email japonismeblog (a) gmail

21 September, 2010 14:53  
Blogger vitalik shu said...

amazing post!!!! thank you so much ))))))

21 September, 2010 15:47  
Blogger lotusgreen said...

thank you so much too!!

21 September, 2010 16:35  
Anonymous evan said...

weirdly timely. I got caught in a storm yesterday that came out of nowhere...all these windy images...all that's missing is the scary lightning & the holy crap! thunder. You do manage to find the most elegant & inspiring images.

23 September, 2010 08:24  
Blogger lotusgreen said...

oh dear-- sounds chilly! but i must admit to feeling, given how incredibly rare thunderstorms are here, a bit envious! thanks for your comments, evan

23 September, 2010 12:25  
Blogger Dominic Bugatto said...

Lovely movement in all these pieces.

28 September, 2010 06:59  
Blogger lotusgreen said...

:^) the music of wind

30 September, 2010 15:48  
Anonymous :no: said...

Hello!
I'm an other huge fan of your so lovely blog!!! In my favorite too, for sure!
I search the name of the artiste of the 4th image. Do you know it? It seems to be Gazan or Hazan or Fazan??? But I don't find anything about one of these name on the Web... I'm very disappointed because I love the drawing and would like to find the drawer.
Thank you so much if you know him!
:no:

19 December, 2010 12:36  
Blogger lotusgreen said...

thanks. i believe i got it from here, but even the new york public library isn't sure about the artist -- chazan is their guess....

19 December, 2010 13:13  

Post a Comment

hi, and thanks so much for stopping by. i spend all too much time thinking my own thoughts about this stuff, so please tell me yours. i thrive on the exchange!

<< Home

newer posts older posts