japonisme: all blues

07 August 2007

all blues

ALL BLUES

Miles Davis


The sea, the sky, the you and I
The sea, the sky, for you and I
I'll know we're all blues
All Shades, all hues, all blues






Some blues are sad
But some are glad,
Dark-sad or bright-glad
They're all blues
All shades, all hues, all blues




The color of colors
The blues are more than a color
They're a moan of pain
A Taste of strife
And a sad refrain










A game which life is playin'
Blues can be the livin' dues
We're all a-payin'
Yeah, Oh Lord

In a rainbow
A summer day that's fair
A parayer is prayed
A lament that's made

(break)

Some shade of blues is there;
Blue heaven's hue,
They're all blues!

(instrumental)

Talkin' 'bout the sea and the sky
And i'm talkin' 'bout you and I
The sea, the sky
For you and I

And I know we're all blues
All shades,
All hues,
All blues

Sea, sky, you and I
See the sky, you and I
All Blues
All shades, all hues, all blues

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ce site au quotidien ratatine la routine.
Ce site est bien.
Merci.
JPaul

08 August, 2007 00:18  
Blogger lotusgreen said...

you're welcome, jpaul. thank you.

08 August, 2007 08:58  
Blogger zoe tati said...

so happy to have found your blog !

zoe

08 August, 2007 10:08  
Blogger lotusgreen said...

welcome, zoe, and thank you very much!

08 August, 2007 12:08  
Blogger Nathako said...

I love Miles Davis, I love this song, thank you for this video Lotusgreen!

08 August, 2007 15:36  
Blogger lotusgreen said...

nathako! so nice to see you.

i was actually looking for a video of morgana king singing it. i had a record (wonder what ever happened to it!) with her singing it, and it was wonderful.

but... you can hardly beat the man himself.

10 August, 2007 18:11  

Post a Comment

hi, and thanks so much for stopping by. i spend all too much time thinking my own thoughts about this stuff, so please tell me yours. i thrive on the exchange!

<< Home

newer posts older posts