japonisme: send in the clowns

06 July 2009

send in the clowns



CLOWNS: speakers of the truth; trickster -- creator of the world; defenders against the evil spirits.

i've looked at clowns from both sides now
from fools to frights and still somehow
it's clowns illusions i recall --
i really don't know clowns at all.


What kind of fool am I
Who never fell in love
It seems that I'm the only one
that I have been thinking of

What kind of man is this?
An empty shell--
A lonely cell in which
an empty heart must dwell

What kind of lips are these
That lied with every kiss
That whispered empty words of love
that left me alone like this

Why can't I fall in love
Like any other man
And maybe then I'll know
what kind of fool I am.

What kind of clown am I?
What do I know of life?
Why can't I cast away the mask of play
and live my life?

Why can't I fall in love
Till I don't give a damn
And maybe then
I'll know what kind of fool I am

Anthony Newley •

Stop the World, I Want to Get Off


Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Diane Dehler said...

What an intriguing post and such a voice. Why are you thinking of clowns? It couldn't be the politics of our state could it? :)

Hope all is well with you Lotusgreen. It's been a cold summer so far and hope it warms up. Take care

07 July, 2009 22:14  
Blogger lotusgreen said...

it started with the pierrot post, and i have tried and can't remember what prompted that one.

it may have just been the finding of so many images on the subject and looking into them.

then, you know, the old unconscious starts making connections and the next thing you know all hell breaks loose.

i rather like the cooler days--makes it niceer to work in the garden. i think somebody should come see it.

08 July, 2009 06:54  

Post a Comment

hi, and thanks so much for stopping by. i spend all too much time thinking my own thoughts about this stuff, so please tell me yours. i thrive on the exchange!

<< Home

newer posts older posts