japonisme: to the young people & the union members & the old people & the vets & etc who crack nuts & who i hope i might have been one had this been then

24 November 2011

to the young people & the union members & the old people & the vets & etc who crack nuts & who i hope i might have been one had this been then

FABLE

The mountain and the squirrel
Had a quarrel;
And the former called the latter ‘Little Prig.’





Bun replied,
‘You are doubtless very big;
But all sorts of things
and weather
Must be taken in together,

To make up a year
And a sphere.
And I think it no disgrace
To occupy my place.


If I'm not so large as you,
You are not so small as I,
And not half so spry.





I'll not deny you make
A very pretty squirrel track;


Talents differ; all is well and wisely put;
If I cannot carry forests on my back,
Neither can you crack a nut.’

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Labels: , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger sylvie Galy-Nadal said...

i like your blog very much... many "inspirations"... wonderfull! Thanks.

24 November, 2011 23:53  
Blogger lotusgreen said...

thank you so much, sylvie -- welcome!

25 November, 2011 08:03  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your blog - what on earth did I do in my lunch hour before I found your wonderful links etc? In fact I know what I did - read the daily newspaper and got mad and sad and bad for all the things I could not change, all the sadness in the world, and all the hurt. Now I look at all these wonderful images and remember all the beauty created my the human race - there must be hope for us yet!

Please dont stop, we need these things more and more.

Lyn Bellingham, London, UK

29 November, 2011 04:35  
Blogger lotusgreen said...

thank you so much, lyn. you have now officially returned the favour.

i know what you mean. nowadays, the only news i watch is on the progressive cable channel, msnbc, and i am so sick and tired of it all , more and more, i can't even watch that.

though the occupy's really do give me hope, as opposed to the police responses to it.

lily

29 November, 2011 07:16  

Post a Comment

hi, and thanks so much for stopping by. i spend all too much time thinking my own thoughts about this stuff, so please tell me yours. i thrive on the exchange!

<< Home

newer posts older posts