japonisme: (sitting in a tree-)

30 May 2009

(sitting in a tree-)

(sitting in a tree-)
o small you
sitting in a tree-

sitting in a treetop

riding on a greenest

riding on a greener
(o little i)
riding on a leaf

o least who
sing small thing
dance little joy

(shine most prayer) •

into the smiting
sky tense
with
blend

ing
the
tree leaps
a stiffened exquisite


i
wait the sweet
annihilation of swift
flesh

i make me stern against
your charming strength


O haste
annihilator
drawing into you my enchanting
leaves.

both poems by e e cummings

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Yoli said...

Lovely images to accompany the poems!

01 June, 2009 07:55  
Blogger lotusgreen said...

why thank you, my dear. it fascinated me that there were so many that were so similar

01 June, 2009 08:24  

Post a Comment

hi, and thanks so much for stopping by. i spend all too much time thinking my own thoughts about this stuff, so please tell me yours. i thrive on the exchange!

<< Home

newer posts older posts