japonisme: instant assemblage

09 August 2007

instant assemblage

(the following poem and images was assembled by an astonishing woman, imani. her discussion accompanying the poem is fascinating as well. she has clearly taken a lot of time and care with her choices; i, however, give you one or two from each post to which she linked. thank you.)

POEM

This beauty that I see

– the sun going down

scours the entangled

and lightly henna

withys and the wind









whips them as it


would ship a cloud –





is passing so swiftly









into night. A moon,


full and flat, and stars


a freight train passing


passing it is the sea




and not a train. This


beauty that collects


dry leaves in pools


and pockets and goes


freezingly, just able


still to swiftly flow


it goes, it goes.

--James Schuyler



Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Imani said...

Aww. You know that the admiration goes both ways. I really was trying to come up with a way to highlight some of your images for ages. Thank goodness for poetry! :)

09 August, 2007 19:53  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful!
I was wondering, is there a reason why some images are smaller than others? In other words, are you trying to save space?

I have a couple of prints (framed) we bought that I know you would like, and if I can figure out how to scan them I will send you a copy.
Thanks again

09 August, 2007 21:49  
Blogger Diane Dehler said...

Two flower petals up for this one, lotusgreen. -Just lovely and after the full moon of my heart. I think one of the reasons that I love moon imagery so much is that I was born on a full moon at midnight. Your island of beauty awaits those who visit.

10 August, 2007 00:13  
Blogger lotusgreen said...

imani--thank goodness for poetry indeed! i think of prints v. paintings kind of like poetry v. prose.

the former let in more light.

one gift for me of doing this blog has been the discovery of a whole new (to me) school of poetry.

10 August, 2007 18:03  
Blogger lotusgreen said...

andrea--thanks!

if you click on any of the images, you'll see it as large as i've got, plus seeing, usually, the artist and date. i was a magazine designer for many years; i have to use the size on the blog itself that i think is best for the layout without completely sacrificing content.

and... cool! do you know the artists and/or titles?

10 August, 2007 18:06  
Blogger lotusgreen said...

princess! so glad to see you! i was born under a full moon as well! (but not at midnight) but that must explain something about our souls, eh?

10 August, 2007 18:07  

Post a Comment

hi, and thanks so much for stopping by. i spend all too much time thinking my own thoughts about this stuff, so please tell me yours. i thrive on the exchange!

<< Home

newer posts older posts