japonisme: wearing these colors

27 September 2007

wearing these colors

ON TURNING SIXTY

Do you remember when it was
people stopped calling you
young lady and you became
just ma'am or madam?
Around the same time it became
too much trouble to go out?

These days I tell my kids
not to do things I'd begun doing
well before I was their age,
and yard work once a torture
is now a fine escape.

There is a chain saw in the forest
taking out old trees. Once
I would have tried to stop them,
now I enjoy the opened space.

John Enright

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger here today, gone tomorrow said...

What a beautiful blog.

27 September, 2007 19:17  
Blogger lotusgreen said...

thank you so much htgt--it's great when beauty communicates for itself

27 September, 2007 20:17  

Post a Comment

hi, and thanks so much for stopping by. i spend all too much time thinking my own thoughts about this stuff, so please tell me yours. i thrive on the exchange!

<< Home

newer posts older posts