japonisme: on the 183rd day of christmas

16 December 2008

on the 183rd day of christmas

on the first day of christmas, santa got a little confused, you know. too much nog. he used the eggs.





on the second day of christmas my true love gave to me cyclamen. and i will tell you, these things last forever. you take them for done-for and they surprise you again.

on the third day of christmas

on the fourth day

on the fifth day of christ- mas, my true love gave to me this lovely little mouse portrait. it's unusual for her work (that i've seen) in that the mice are more fully fleshed rather than drawn. yet she manages to capture their glee and curiosity nonetheless.

aren't these geese for the sixth completely wonderful??! found at mr door tree's valuable blog. this artist was new to me, but the blog features at least two of his books, every illustration a wonder.

on the seventh day of christmas... courtesans! excuse me? and yet they're dear, are they not? perhaps they intend to begin singing.

and in a truly playful spirit christmas was extended, first to high numbers, and then to infinity. it extended throughout the year.

or at least until the sun began to go away again. then it was our job to keep that light alive.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the Christmas gift. Your blog is a gift that I look forward to more and more.

18 December, 2008 06:49  
Blogger Sabine said...

Lovely images, as always!
Your package for "pay it forward" is on its way, I hope it will arrive before Christmas...sorry for being so late!
Merry Christmas, by the way!

18 December, 2008 09:37  
Blogger lotusgreen said...

dorothy--you and your comments are such gifts to me, so thank you too.

and thanks to you too sabine! i'm excited. nobody ever responded to mine :^(

18 December, 2008 16:15  

Post a Comment

hi, and thanks so much for stopping by. i spend all too much time thinking my own thoughts about this stuff, so please tell me yours. i thrive on the exchange!

<< Home

newer posts older posts